face

phoneicon 

 Our Hotline

+357 7000 8877
  • Euro
  • Dollar
    $
  • Pound
    £
  • Rouble
    RUB

check iconYour Agency for Quality Real Estate in Cyprus - Specialists for Property in Paphos and Limassol

 

Chapel of Saint (Agios) Georgios

DSC 5801

The country church of Agios Georgios (St. George) is found in the Stefane region, which according to various available sources is the old village of Stefanos that existed in the area. The existence of this village is apparent in the 1573 mapping of Cyprus. At the ruins of the country church it is shown that another church, dedicated to Agios Stefanos (St. Stephen), existed formerly.

The church was re-erected in 1990 by the Holly Monastery of Agios Neofytos with the help of donations from the inhabitants of the community, both local and foreign.

By popular tradition the christenings take place in the church and every Easter Tuesday. Liturgy is conducted only on the 23rd of April and 3rd of November (St. George's days

 


Chapel of Agioi Saranta

The country church of Agioi Saranta was in ruins until 1994. It was re-erected with expenses paid by the Holly See of Paphos and through donations of the region's inhabitants. Christenings take place in the on the Saints' day of Agioi Saranta..

Chapel of Agia Marina   

DSC 5930It is the most recent 'village'  church that was built after  donation by the rincess Zena Kanther Detira who is a native of Tala and has made many donations throughout all of Cyprus.

Today the  church is being renovated by the inhabitants of the community. A liturgy takes place on the 17th of July, which is the day of St. Marina.

Adapted from tala.org.cy